Bring Your Resume
Up To Speed
Five Essential Rules
- Opt for simple formatting, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) work best against simple formats.
- Choose Sans Serif fonts as they are the most reliable.
- Avoid using frames or tables at all times.
- Use traditional section headers such as: Experience, Skills, Software, Education, etc.
- If you intend on putting a form of address, use a city or zip code, as recruiters often use it to conduct location-based searches.
Why Format Matters
Formatting a resume is crucial as it helps the job seeker to showcase their qualifications and experience in a clear and organized manner, making it easier for potential employers to quickly assess whether they are a good fit. A well-formatted resume can also make a positive first impression and increase the likelihood of the candidate being selected for an interview.
Your Content Needs to Impress
To make a strong impression with your resume, it's essential to focus on and highlight your most relevant skills and achievements. Use specific examples and quantifiable results to demonstrate your capabilities and stand out from other applicants.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Recruiters spend an average of six seconds reviewing your resume, so yours needs to make a strong impression.
- Recruiters typically review hundreds of resumes PER DAY, you need to make yours stand out.
- Many companies use Application Tracking Systems (ATS) with resume parsing software to manage their hiring process, meaning that errors in your resume could result in it being discarded.
Catch Your Errors Early!
Proper grammar and spelling are critical when writing a resume, but they are often overlooked. Relying solely on word processing software is not enough since it is not 100% accurate in catching mistakes. Therefore, it's essential to carefully review your resume multiple times!
Don't hesitate to take advantage of our company's free resume consulting services to ensure that your resume is up to speed and ready for your next application!